Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Patience

My wife finally went back to work a few days ago, after having taken care of Cynthia full time for almost 3 months.

A common discovery shared among my friends who also had babies recently is how taking care of the little ones had helped to make them become more mature and patient, and we are no different as well.

In this aspect I have to take my hat off to my wife. Throughout these 3 months she showed tremendous patience, much more than I ever thought possible. While my own patience would run very thin after one hour trying to comfort a cranky Cynthia at night, hers would be stretched but still intact even after six hours of on-off crying and feeding and cradling and crying again, from midnight till the dawn.

Now I realize why friends who are mothers look so serene and calm after they had kids -- they have mastered the virtue of patience :)

I can only look at myself in shame and realize that I still have a lot to learn.

1 comments:

Poh Nee 1:38 pm  

Hey...Daddy plays an important part also as the care taker. They will rise to the task when the occasion calls for it. I realised this when I fall very sick and unable to even carry Zoe.
This is real team work and we all learn together :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP