Wednesday, September 03, 2008

...Class Remembered...

When I saw the name of the person who sent me the Facebook invite a few days ago, a flood of memories came back to me.

15 years ago, I had the privilege to meet an unforgettable lady in uni. J was a few years my senior, and was doing a course somewhat similar to mine. She was never a classic beauty, but what she may have slightly lacked in the looks department, she made up in tonnes in personality.

J had a way of making you feel as if you are the most important person when you are in her presence. The way she holds a conversation with you, you feel like you could talk to her forever. She was funny, feminine, and playful. And the list goes on.

There were other girls who were physically very beautiful in my uni during those days, but to many of us guys then, none of them even remotely compared to J.

Which brings me to the point of my post - I realized what true beauty was when I met J. A lot of women assume that men are attracted to the physical and the visual, but in reality men are much, much more attracted to a woman with an amazing personality.

In fact, there was a news article recently on how most men preferred to date Helen Mirren or Judi Dench than a sexy young thing.

J, its a privilege knowing you :)

1 comments:

Ann 9:56 am  

And then ??

It is amazing how Facebook/technology is making us closer than we ever thought we would be with a person.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP