Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RIP, Yasmin

Tonight, as I sat starring at my monitor, I thought of Yasmin Ahmad's untimely demise, and decided to gorge myself on her works on Youtube.

Like Lat, she was one of a very few persons who really understood the essence of who we are, in this beloved country of ours, whatever our race may be.

My heart aches for the fact that we will never find out what else she had in store for us. But I guess we should also celebrate the fact that she also left us a lot - a legacy of reminders to us on what means to be, well, who we really are. I share some of my favorites below.











1 comments:

Ivy 11:10 pm  

Thank you for putting up this post, Pat. It feels like an outlet for my feelings of Yasmin's passing. I so wanted to put a post on the SHS blog, but didn't know where or how to start.

I have only watched 2 of her movies - Mukshin and Sepet - but have always been heart-tugged by her commercials. When it comes to an individual like Yasmin, it truly does feel like God sometimes pick humans on earth to do his work.

I don't understand all the racial disharmony that is going on in our country. Why can't we all stop and embrace the messages in Yasmin's commercials and movies...afterall, irregardless of race and religion, we all felt the same as we watched her work.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP