Tuesday, April 13, 2010

J Plates

The other day as I was driving around my wife's hometown Kluang, I spotted a car with the number plate JFK, and suddenly realized how lucky Johoreans are with their number plates.

Apart from showing off that you are part of the Kennedy clan, you also get number plates like JET. My friend Simon used to own a car with that plate, and I relished those days when we could say "Let's take the JET" with a straight face in front of our friends.

Then there's JEW (??!!), JAN (for January babies?), JAL (Japan Airlines employee), JAM (for the masochistic). Add the number 5 to JAW and you get Steven Spielberg's classic summer blockbuster.

1 comments:

simon 11:50 pm  

JAW5 used to be owned by the Johor royalty. there was a van in Kelana with the plate JED1.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP