Saturday, June 18, 2005

Close Encounters With Malaysian Customer Service - Other Side Of The Coin

Okay, I thought I'll give credit where credit's due and celebrate, hey, great customer service in Malaysia! (yes, there is such a thing)

There's a bank in Malaysia where if you get a number that's 100 away from your turn, you still get served in half an hour.

There's a bank in Malaysia where if you used the wrong form, they will happily fill up the correct one for you instead of giving you a sour face and asking you to requeue.

There's a bank in Malaysia where opening an account takes less than 30 minutes, including sorting out your ATM card and internet banking.

There's a bank in Malaysia where if their customer service line is busy, they offer to call you back on the number you just called. (how come no one else thought of this? I was once put on hold for 40 minutes by a telco!)

There's a bank in Malaysia where they DO NOT HAVE normal banking counters on the first floor (inconveniencing pensioners, pregnant ladies and the like) because their priority banking counters are on the ground floor.

Step up and be recognised, Public Bank!

I'm a recent customer and I must admit I'm impressed :)

2 comments:

Ericos 12:55 pm  

Oh, this is good. I never had a Public Bank account before. So I might try it. Thanks for providing this perspective.

Pat 1:29 pm  

Ericos - Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I have pretty tried all the banks in Malaysia, and they are the best so far in terms of service.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP