Friday, June 10, 2005

When I Get My Streamyx .....

Yay, TM is finally cabling up my part of the taman, I'm gonna get both my phone line AND Streamyx soon.

My wife often wondered why I need that much bandwidth for, and that set me thinking - WHAT WOULD I DO WHEN I GET MY STREAMYX ?? So, here goes:

  • download loads of illegal songs and movies (well, this one's a given)
  • watch streaming news from CNN, etc (hey, isn't that what Astro's for?)
  • download open source software (don't have to pay uncle Bill)
  • download software patches for Windows
  • download research stuff for work and, ahem, pleasure
  • blog more often (really? how come it hasn't updated it since the last millenium?)
  • use Skype (definitely cheaper than whatever deal the telcos can offer)
  • download trailers (must be up to date with the latest upcoming movies)
  • do my surfing in half the time, or double my surfing in the same amount of time
  • errmm, download more songs and movies?

Well, I guess we all know what REAL purpose of getting Streamyx is, then.

2 comments:

Yoong Family 9:55 am  

two words for you - BIT TORRENT.

Pat 10:52 am  

Yup, thats the one! I've been busy picking up tools and websites from my ex-colleagues who are pro at it.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP