Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kyrie

" When I was young I thought of growing old
Of what my life would mean to me
Would I have followed down my chosen road
Or only wished what I could be"

from "Kyrie" by Mr Mister

I met up with some very old school friends (I've known them for 22 years) just before Hari Raya Haji. One quit his job last year to be a full time insurance agent, while another continued to struggle with his life and gambling habit. On the surface, I seem to be better off than both of them, but I over the past week I realized that I was more unhappy than they are. I think specifically my work and the amount of time that I dedicate to the things that matter to me. I had not felt any sense of satisfaction from either one of them for the past six months.

Been doing a lot of thinking about my life and discussing them with my other half.

In a sense I feel trapped, but maybe I'm not thinking right. Maybe I just need to break a few assumptions and see things in a different way in order to find a way out.

I first heard Kyrie when I was in Form 5, trying to decide where I wanted to go after the exams. Now, listening to this song again, the answer seems to be "only wished what I could be".

Hope I will find an answer soon.

4 comments:

Soh Eng Guan 5:03 pm  

I felt the same...一事无成

forestfyre 9:19 pm  

一事无成, that was how I felt when I was in IITC. I still felt that when I was in MMC.

Now that I am in ACN, I feel that what-ever I have learnt before this is not sufficient to be applied in my current job... Sigh...

Should have worked harder before this... At least, I can struggle less now...

ashlight 10:53 pm  

hmm... i think we should all go out for dinner one day and lament about the working life all night long! lol

Kenzomay 4:33 pm  

Hmm... well, I've got boring working environment here... but I have more personal time now... It's really a 9 to 5 work (actually it's 8:30 to 5:30 kekeke)

I've thought of changing job again, but same question comes in my mind, "What I wanna be?"

Well, maybe should appreaciate the free time I have now. At the end of the day, just wish to earn sufficient money, live happier, enjoy the life...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP