Saturday, March 04, 2006

Customer Service (Mamak Style)

I rarely encounter good customer service in this good ol' country of ours, so it was a pleasant surprise to encounter good service at, of all places, the humble mamak stall.

Recently, I decided to try out the mamak stall I pass by every day on my way to work. Its one of those open air ones situated beside a car park.

After going there once, I was pleasantly surprised that the mamak guy memorised my order! On my second visit he repeated what I ordered the last time (coffee, 2 half boiled eggs, nasi lemak) and asked me whether I wanted the same. I think this guy must have hundreds of customers every day, so it was a great feeling to tell him to get me "the usual" on my second visit :)

In case you want to know, the mamak stall is located behind the Menara Getah Asli at Jalan Ampang.

3 comments:

Anonymous 3:44 pm  

oh, THAT one. the one with the cashier with the monumentally "don't mess with me" look on her face.

Pat 9:10 pm  

No Simon, not that one. The one you're referring to is the BIG one opposite AmBank.

Anonymous 3:10 pm  

i say man. you must bring me there one of these day...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP