Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Light n Easy

Usually when I drive to and fro work I prefer to tune in to Light n Easy, because it was the least annoying of all the radio stations. The soothing oldies music (50's, 60's and 70's) helps me to get through just about anything the KL traffic cares to throw at me.

But lately, I began to realize that more often than not, it was 80's music that was on. One day, it was Total Eclipse of The Heart. The next day, Turn Back The Clock. Then suddenly, every other song was an 80's song.

I still remember when discos and pubs use to play 80's music in the 1990's to cater to the young and trendy crowd (i.e. twentysomethings). The "in" radio station then for my generation was Mix FM, which also played contemporary music in addition to the 80's, thus occupying a nice spot between the young (who listen to Hitz) and the old (who listen to Light n Easy).

But I never thought they would migrate 80's music from Mix to Light n Easy so quickly. Heck, I'm only in my mid-thirties, for goodness sakes! Its quite off-putting when the the music of your generation is turning up on an oldies station.

And another thing - what about those in their 40's to 60's? Maybe there's a market for another oldies station that plays even older songs :)

5 comments:

forestfyre 3:43 pm  

Haha... never noticed that... No wonder those songs are so nice... They are 'my time'...
Hmmm...

USoup 11:40 pm  

Pat, i'm feeling the same here (http://spaces.msn.com/usoup/blog/cns!D476BD9FF5815785!266.entry)...

ashlight 6:48 pm  

umm.. i listen to Hitz.. hey gotta have some FRESH NEW tunes rather than listening repetitively to the old stuff! :)

pearly 10:46 pm  

the songs are nice no doubt but simon are caroline just get on to my nerves. dunno why i just can't stand them.

u should try listening to shaz and richard the mixfm morning crew...

Pat 11:15 pm  

forestfyre - haha, we're all getting old :)

usoup - you've always looked more mature than the rest of the gang :P

ashlight - that's why I rely on you to keep me up to date!

pearly - thanks for the tip, will try richard and shaz instead of the usual tomorrow :) I'm beginning to annoyed with Simon & Caroline, too, think they don't really "connect" with listeners somehow...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP