Thursday, April 20, 2006

LRT Ride

I was a bit annoyed with the young tudung-clad Malay girl who stood at the window at the head of the LRT train. She was occupying my favourite spot on the train on my way home. She looked to be in deep thought.

At Bangsar station a young Malay chap boarded and proceeded to make his way to the head of the train as well. I was even more annoyed as he tried to squeeze his way through to get to the window as well. The girl moved aside to make way for him.

Both of them starred out into the night, not a word passing between them.

Suddenly just after Universiti the guy turned around and remarked to the girl what a beautiful night it was.

It was a corny pickup line, but the girl did not seem to mind :)

They spoke softly to each other. He told her he was meeting a friend at Taman Bahagia. They chit chatted about general things. The conversation flowed easily, as if they knew each other well. After Asia Jaya the guy picked up the courage to ask for her name. She told him, and they looked at each other for a second.

It was a beautiful privilege witnessing two strangers connecting with one another, on a rainy Wednesday night, on the LRT.

6 comments:

forestfyre 10:33 am  

Hahaha... Did they exchange phone numbers? If someone does that to me on the LRT, I will definitely give him the "What do you want?" look. Me 'expensive' you know? Muahaha.

Pat 7:35 pm  

Hi forestfyre, I got off at Paramount so I didn't know what happened after that :)

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 12:06 pm  

Every time I took the LRT, I was too worried about people picking on my bag rather than the night scene..hehe.
Am sure my 'self-defensiveness' had put off all possible 'suitors' :P

forestfyre 11:43 pm  

Kay... You reminded me...
Ya... everytime when I take the LRT, I would try all ways to avoid from those people who stinks, and to stay away from people who sticks close to me...

USoup 11:45 pm  

What??? That line works????

Pat 12:18 am  

Usoup - depends on who you try it on mah, kekeke...

As forestfyre and Kay shared, most ladies would freak out and give the guy a knee in the you know where, that's why I thought what happened was really sweet, it was something I thought only happened in the movies :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP