Sunday, July 16, 2006

iCon

My good friend Simon bought me this book about the rise and fall, and rise again, of Steve Jobs last year as a birthday gift (thanks Simon!)

I started off reading the Ipod chapters, and its only lately that I backtracked to the earlier chapters about Steve's years in Apple. What I read brought back a lot of memories about how computers used to quicken my pulse and how I spent all my pocket money buying up computer magazines.

A lot of the stuff that we take for granted now did not exist in those days, and Steve, despite his flaws made the computer industry a better place by his sheer vision and energy.

However, till today I never owned an Apple product (althogh I did use the Mac a lot during my uni days). Maybe the time will come one day when I go for an Ipod.

5 comments:

forestfyre 12:32 am  

Ipod... is one of the items on my shopping list too :P

Anonymous 7:39 pm  

wow i got to read the book sometime. he's got to be one of the most influential ppl in the planet, with pixar and apple.

forestfyre 12:11 am  

Saw iCon in KLIA the other day... didn't buy... See if can find in Kino. But I think it will end up collecting dust on my book-shelf. No time to read even one page a day now... sob.

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 12:58 pm  

Hey Ling!
When was your birthday again?
Did we miss anything?

Pat 11:17 pm  

B'day was last year :P

I read a few chapters and stopped, picked it up again recently.

Simon, I'll pass the book to you one of these days. Forestfyre, your turn after that, yah? ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP