Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Idiotic Customer Service

Lately my Astro has been on the blink, so tonight I finally called them. To my surprise, the call centre system has been changed, and now I can't be put on hold! I have to press 9 then 7 to try again, and after doing this for the 30 minutes I lost patience and decided to send an email. This is what I got:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry/feedback which is receiving our
attention.
We wil revert to you within 5 working days.

Regards,
Subscriber Management Division, ASTRO

FIVE WORKING DAYS!! Are they going to refund me for being forced to wait FIVE DAYS?? I don't think so. Short of trying 24 hours to get through the phone or going straight to their head office in Bukit Jalil and banging on someone's table, it looks like I'm going to be Astro-less for another week minimum.

What sort of idiotic customer service is this? They used to be so good, I used to get great service over the phone from them, what happened?

The most ironic (and irritating) thing is that their email is wecare@astro.com.my, it was through gritted teeth that I typed out the email address on my Yahoo Mail. We Care? My foot!!

2 comments:

Soh Eng Guan 11:20 am  

Well, that's one of the reason that made me cancel my ASTRO subscribsion couple of years back. I actually wrote a letter and screw them upside down. Even up to the point of stating that I'm very much dissapointed with them and I'm not going to make payment to the last bill received.

Pat 1:29 pm  

Wow, didn't know you had a bad experience with them, too. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling mine, too, if not for that fact that I love the EPL too much :P

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP