Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sickening

Just had my first major screw up in the new company that I moved to five months ago.

I don't know what happened to me, I just completely forgot all those risk management skills that I so painstakingly learnt in the last three years and made a number of ASSUMPTIONS which, as Murphy's Law goes, will definitely go wrong and bite you in the ASS.

And bite they did, my boss went and told everyone that's its the other party we are integrating with that's at fault, and finally, finally, after three nights of hard digging and sleep deprivation, I found out that its OUR problem!!! Crap.

But, oddly, it felt good that I was the one who found the problem. The developers from all sides couldn't find the problem, in the end it was the project manager (me) who found it.

Depressing day :(

3 comments:

forestfyre 10:46 pm  

Cheer up cheer up. I think when our hands are full, is rather hard for us to take care of too many things lor. At least you found it out, and I hope it's not too late to get it fixed. ;)

Anonymous 11:10 pm  

We all have these days. The best way to look at it is keeping a good sense of humour about it. And think of all the more insane conditions that are happening around the world.

Pat 10:48 am  

Thanks both for the encouragement :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP