Monday, May 01, 2006

Got a Sony Ericsson J300i (don't laugh!)

Went to Sg Wang over the weekend to get a new phone and ended up with a Sony Ericsson J300i :)

I take back what I said about Nokia previously, they also sported an impressive array of models, from the el-cheapo 1600 to the ultra cool N series. In fact, all the major manufacturers had very, very impressive line-ups. Which goes to show how out of date I was :P Although I've noticed the newer phones on and off, last Sunday was the first time I had a look at the new models up close. And boy, do they impress.

First off, the screens for almost all except the most basic models are hi-res and very easy on the eye. Second, the cameras for the newer models are not just a curio to impress anymore. They actually take very clear pictures (those with 2 mp cameras and above). And I'm amazed at the various shapes and sizes the phones came in.

Tempted as I was (in fact, VERY, VERY tempted) to get an O2 mini or Dopod 818 Pro, I just couldn't justify to my other half why I need a 2-in-1 device, apart from the convenience factor. It was even harder to justify getting a middle of the range device with camera. So, I opted for something which had similar functions as my Nokia 3530.

So having heard good comments about the J300i, I plonked down RM 320 of my hard earned cash for it.

The Dallab DX8 or the Dopod 818 Pro will have to wait another year :P

3 comments:

forestfyre 4:47 pm  

Hi Ling... A mobile phone is only for communication purpose. As long as we can call, we can text, it's sufficient. I wouldn't change my phone too, if I were to pay for it myself :P

Anonymous 5:01 pm  

Rm320 for a phone is quite low these days, so it's a good buy. In my office, i'm surronded by people who own RM1600 phones.

Pat 7:46 pm  

forestfyre - that's what my wife feel, too, and I can't argue against that!

simon - yeah, me too. I think I probably own the cheapest phone in the office, hehe. Its just a basic phone with GPRS and Java, no camera or any other fancy stuff.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP