Monday, May 01, 2006

Rest In Peace, FatAl

FatAl passed away on last Friday morning. I heard the news from his auntie who happened to be my HR manager at my new company.

I last saw him a month ago. He was very thin then, and the lump on his head has grown to the size of a tennis ball. He looked really weak. The family had decided to try traditional medicine from a Chinese doctor in Singapore.

Although I only knew him for 9 months, we became friends from the time we used to spend in the car when we car-pooled from Nov to Dec last year. I knew he desperately wanted to be well again for the sake of his family, and up until March he was still optimistic of his chances.

FatAl is the fourth friend I knew who passed away from cancer in the last 10 years. He was 41.

We all know that life is precious and our time here on earth is precious, but do we really use that knowledge to change the way we look at our lives.

When we get very annoyed with the rude driver who cut us off, do we stop and tell ourselves its not worth it.

Do we remember to express our love and appreciation to those who mean the most to us every single day.

Do we forgive those who have hurt us instead of continuing to carry bitterness in our heart.

Do we get too wrapped up in our own problems and not appreciate what we have in front of us.

3 comments:

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 10:16 am  

OMG Ling! I found out this morning from Kenson that fatAl was actually Albert?!
Sheesh! I was pretty taken aback, because the lastime I remembered, he looked fit and young!

Altho I worked with him only a couple of mths, I must admit that he was professional and a good leader in guiding us thru the Projects. I feel guilty for having tot 'bad' abt him previously.

May his soul rest in peace and God be with his family.

Pat 11:00 pm  

Hi Kay, yeah, FatAl is Albert. FatAl was his MSN ID.

He became sick in July last year, and made good progress at the end of last year, but things went downhill after Chinese New Year.

I heard his wife is planning to move to S'pore together with the kids.

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 10:23 am  

It goes to show how unpredictable life is.
And how we should cherish it while we can.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP