Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Feeling Useless

This my second night staying back in the office to try and complete an integration project for a client in UK.

I really miss the team I left behind in my previous company. Over here, almost the whole team is new, and there's no strong sense of ownership and responsibility, everyone cabut at 6 pm irregardless of whether they finish their work or not. End up myself, CEO and the system admin guy doing all the dirty work.

I think my CEO is too nice a guy, I still have not seen him scold anyone in the office despite what's happening. Me, I'm getting more and more frustrated by the day. Sure, the pay is good, but working with a bunch of people who don't care and don't know what they are doing really sucks. The worst for me is that no one reports to me, so I cannot tell anyone off, I cannot control whether they come or go, I cannot do anything to them.

Sigh.

Took a walk to KLCC just now to clear my head (no traffic! crossing the road was a breeze). Its been crossing my mind these few days that this might not be a good place for me. My other half is advising me to stick it out. I'm glad I'll away from Thursday to Sunday in Singapore, hopefully that'll clear my mind a little bit.

5 comments:

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 9:56 am  

Psst Ling, I used to work there too.
Use to leave by 6 p.m. sharp too. OOPS?!

Pat 1:29 pm  

Kekeke, so you're the one who started it.

Actually, I have no problems with people leaving at 6, its just that something needs to be finished, they should be responsible enough to finish it, right?

Example, when you and Shariah used to work for me at ICM, you guys automatically went back to INSO to retest everything the night before the UAT. I only see one or two guys here that do that.

forestfyre 6:34 pm  

Ya~ it's the sense of commitment. It's always depends on luck on what kind of staff (or colleagues) we get lor...

Ling... come to Accenture lar~ We have good people here :D lei lar~ :))

Soh Eng Guan 7:19 pm  

I agree, not easy to get people that commits so much...

blueameba 9:32 am  

This really reminds me the days in my previous company.

I have had a good manager who guided me so much and appreciated my value who allowed me to expand my potential.

Too bad, nowaday i can only show my commitment to my current company (but not u) which i'm not really ready to...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP