Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Chinese Movie Worth Watching (Finally!)

For the past one month, I was bombarded with ads for this new Mandarin movie called "Perhaps Love" headlined by Jackie Cheung, one of the four "heavenly kings of pop" of the 90's. It looked for all the world to me like a tacky musical, so I decided to give it a skip.

But good word of mouth from friends and friend's friends prompted me to drive all the way to Summit last night to catch the movie with my wife. And what a movie it was.

If you're the type who loves melancholic romantic movies, you'll be a fool not to catch this. It was brilliantly mounted, and did not veer into tackiness at all as I've feared. The music was really great, too, and was a very integral part of the proceedings. I plan to get hold of the OST soon.

If you'll like to know more, go to HERE. Be warned, its in Flash and VERY heavy, so make sure you've got broadband.

3 comments:

ashlight 12:20 am  

i loooOoove musicals! Went for Cats and Fame when they performed in National Theatre sometime ago. Missed Saturday Night Live tho coz i was busy and broke then.. hehe.. like hello, the ticket is like few hundred bucks! I would wanna go to West End Broadway if i'm around the area someday :)

Speaking of musical movies, did you watch Moulin Rouge? That was too funny the way they mixed up all the famous songs into a medley. hehehe

Anyway, i didn't watch this one since it's in Chinese. My friend told me that the filmmakers actually seek consultations from Bollywood for the movie.. kekeke

Pat 10:16 am  

I watched a few musicals when I was in UK, but none since I came back.

There's sub-titles, so you might still enjoy it :) The movie's actually about the filming of a musical, but the way they inter-cut the real life and the musical was quite brilliant.

Go see it, you won't regret :)

forestfyre 10:58 pm  

Ya... I think I am going to miss this one too, unless they are still showing during CNY lar. :(

I love musicals...
Particularly love 'The Phantom of the Opera' and 'Lion King'...
If I have the chance to go to London again, will definitely go for Lion King again...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP