Monday, December 19, 2005

Singapore Trip

Went down to Singapore for a much needed break and spent a relaxing 3 days there. Here's a few things I noticed when I was there:-

1. Their toilets are clean. VERY clean. I was in a shopping mall that looked slightly run down, and was surprised to see that their toilet is as nice as the KLCC ones.

2. Second link is the way to go if don't want any hassle and jams. I was able to get from Kluang to my brother-in-law's place in 1 hour 15 minutes flat.

3. If you can afford a double storey house there, you are definitely a big shot. If you ever want to see Mercedes, Jaguars and BMW's parked at the roadside outside normal terrace houses, head over to Mandai/Ang Mo Kio.

4. They get a much bigger choice of cars there. I almost cried in frustration after my brother-in-law took me to Alexandra to go car viewing. Damn you, Proton!

5. I can get Miller beer there, yay!! Managed to smuggle six bottles back.

6. Cost of living is actually cheaper there, if you work there and earn S$. A typical meal in the suburbs is only 2.50 on average.

3 comments:

blueameba 7:18 pm  

I've tried to jog along the river side in Singapore, the air is clean, the sky is clear, the people are in well manner.

Even the taxi driver, also very charming :P I met a part time taxi driver, speak very politely, behave like a gentleman, what a suprise to me! His full time job is a fishing shop's manager!

forestfyre 11:45 pm  

Ya... it's always cleaner and more organised there. I was hoping that my next project will be in SG, then I can stay there for a longer time...

I love the Kinokuniya and Borders there especially.

© k.a.y.l.e.e.© 2:18 pm  

If you stayed here long enough, you would have more things to say;). Ask Usoup :P!
We have always believed that the grass is always greener on the other side, but once you are in that pasture, it is not!
Surprise surprise?!

P.S.
The good thing about the cabbies here is that you feel 'safe' hailing one even when you are wearing a skirt and it's 1 am in the morning.
The scary thing is, if luck is against you, you might encounter some quirky 'sot-sot dei' ones.
You never know, becuz u take for granted they are all nice!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP